Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Oh heck it's only Wednesday

Sack Back Nanny Rocker

Well, it has been one of those weeks where life has gotten a head of steam and is attempting to roll me over.  I am making this post from my wife's laptop because, (long pause for affect) my computer has taken a dump.  The pictures taken for the chair build are presently trapped inside and therefore I am unable to post them.  Computer is in the shop with hopes of being able to be back online in a day or two.  As if that wasn't enough I woke up this morning to an air conditioning system not working.  Well enough whining on my part.

On the lighter side the boot/brace is off the foot and things seem to be working well.  Thanks Doc! This evening I had a visit to the shop from fellow woodworker and friend, the incomparable Donna Hill.  If you are not familiar with Donna she is quite the accomplished woodworker, instructor and speaker.  Donna is very active with The Society of American Period Furniture Makers (SAPFM), is the Project Illustrator for Popular Woodworking Magazine, past speaker at Woodworking In America (WIA) and has taught numerous classes on inlay.  If you see where Donna is teaching a class do yourself a favor and sign up.

Donna stopped by to talk about building her first Windsor Chair.  She is wanting to take on the most difficult chair I have built to date (see photo).  I am honored that she has asked me to guide and instruct her in her endeavor.  I look forward to working with such a talent.

When I have my cyber issues rectified I will be posting on the June Chair Build and when Donna gets ready to go and with her permission I will post on her first Windsor experience.

~ Ray Schwanenberger

No comments:

Post a Comment